Detailed, experiential and interactive, this class is research-based and in accordance with aromatherapy treatment protocols being used in clinical care settings.
Learn how, when and which essential oils to use for people who are in cancer treatment. From the physical to the psychosocial aspects of working with people living with cancer, to palliative care and the care and consideration of the extended family, this class will cover a materia medica of 16 oils considered safe for use in oncology.
This class is open to massage therapists and estheticians, and to health care aides, hospice volunteers and staff, health and wellness therapists, and interested community members.
6 CE Credits for Licensed/registered massage therapists, estheticians, and RN.
Presented by Trish Green
2017 Date To Be Announced
• Recognize the concerns and considerations related to the use of essential oils in the clinical oncology and oncology spa setting.
• Further your understanding of the scientific and research support for aromatherapy.
• Review inaccuracies of frequently circulated aromatherapy information, and learn to distinguish fact from fiction.
• Evaluate different methods of aromatherapy use for people living with cancer.
• Learn to identify different indications for the use of aromatherapy treatments related to the psychosocial concerns of the patient during standard cancer care, long-term survivorship, the five stages of dying, as well as the considerations that apply to children and the care of the caregiver.
During this program:
About the Instructor
Trish Green, qualified homeopath and clinical aromatherapist with post graduate training in women’s health, has focused her efforts over recent years in oncology. She has trained with outstanding researchers in the field of clinical aromatherapy, and many of her graduates have gone on to establish their own medical and wellness center patient programs.
Passionate about and committed to continuing education Trish, a former schoolteacher, is also an Educator for the International Bach Flower program and Cidesco Diplomat in esthetics.
Full Tuition Payment